TI-Nspire™ CX Handheld
Advanced graphing functionality ● Backlit, high-definition display ● Rechargeable
Our latest graphing handheld that enables a deeper understanding of abstract concepts in math and science subjects.
Math. Science. All on one handheld.
curriculum needs from middle school through college.
Perform computations and enter expressions, equations and formulas in proper math notation.
|Lists & Spreadsheet
Perform mathematical operations on data and visualize the connections between the data and their plots.
Plot and explore functions, equations and inequalities, animate points on objects and graphs, use sliders to explain their behavior and more.
Enter notes, steps, instructions and other comments on the screen alongside the math.
Construct and explore geometric figures and create animations.
|Data & Statistics
Summarize and analyze data using different graphical methods such as histograms, box plots, bar and pie charts and more.
|Vernier DataQuest™ Application
Create a hypothesis graphically and replay data collection experiments all in a single application.
Vernier DataQuest™ is a trademark of Vernier Software & Technology.
Experience the "Ah-Hah!" Moment
The TI-Nspire™ CX handheld’s innovative capabilities support teaching strategies that research has found accelerate understanding of complex mathematic and scientific concepts.
|Multiple Representations of expressions in problems are presented simultaneously, enabling students to visualize how algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written forms of those expressions relate to one another.|
|Dynamic Linking across documents and multiple representations allows students to interact directly with the math by seeing how manipulating one form simultaneously changes all the others.|
Make Real-World Connections
Import digital images – including your own photos – and overlay graphs and equations on them to see math and science at work in the physical world.*
*TI-Nspire™ Technology supports images in .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp and .png formats.
Enter Values In Proper Notation
Integrated mathematics templates permit students to enter expressions and see math symbols, formulas and stacked fractions just as they are printed in textbooks and on the board.
The unique Chem Box feature lets students easily input chemical formulas and equations.
Click, Scroll, Create and Save Like a computer
Use intuitive drop-down menus to navigate through the TI-Nspire™ CX handheld.
Create documents and pages and save your work as simply as opening, editing and storing files on a computer.
Recharge, Don’t Replace For Years
The TI Rechargeable Battery conveniently recharges using a USB cable, wall charger or TI-Nspire™ Docking Station.
The TI Rechargeable Battery reduces the risk of running out of power unexpectedly and eliminates the need for routine battery replacement. Under normal usage, the rechargeable lithium-ion battery should last for up to three years.
A Complete Learning Resource
Texas Instruments is committed to student success in mathematics and science by providing advanced learning tools that have been designed in collaboration with leading educators and researchers.
In addition to breakthrough classroom technology, TI also provides superior professional development for teachers as well as free activities and curriculum content.
Professional Developmentwebinars, workshops and conferences by Teachers Teaching with Technology™ – T³™ deliver practical, proven strategies, insights and methods for classroom success.
Math Nspired Teaching Resource Centercomprises a comprehensive online library of TI-Nspire™ math classroom activities and curriculum content optimized for TI-Nspire™ Technology.
Science Nspired Teaching Resource Centerincludes a variety of free, downloadable simulations, student explorations, formative assessment and data collection suitable for middle grades and high schools subjects.
TI-Nspire™ CX Handheld Graphing Calculator Specifications
- Color, backlit display
- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.2" diagonal)
- Screen resolution: 125 DPI; 16-bit color
- Powered by the TI-Nspire™ Rechargeable Battery (included)
- USB port for computer connectivity, unit-to-unit communication with other TI-Nspire™ family handhelds.
- 100 MB storage memory / 64MB operating memory
- Function, parametric, polar, sequence, and 3D graphing
- Multiple graphing functions can be defined, saved, graphed and analyzed at one time
- User-defined list names in Lists & Spreadsheet
- Eleven interactive zoom features
- Numeric evaluations in table format for all graphing modes
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals and derivatives
- Six different graph styles and 15 colors to select from for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Matrix operations: transpose and augment matrices; use elementary row operations; find inverse, determinant and reduced row echelon forms; convert matrices to lists and vice versa; calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quartic polynomial regression models
- Three statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots
- Advanced statistics analysis, including 10 hypothesis testing functions, seven confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance
- Eighteen probability distribution functions, including the CDF and PDF for Normal, Binomial, Chi-squared, Geometric, t-, F- and Poisson distributions; Inverse Normal and Chi-squared distributions
- Built-in interactive geometry capabilities
- Quick alpha keys
- Simple drop-down menus – emulate the intuitive operation of familiar computer features
- TI-Nspire™ Documents (.tns files) — compatible with TI-Nspire™ Software, TI-Nspire™ handhelds and TI-Nspire™ Apps for iPad® — can be created, edited, saved and reviewed
- Use images (.jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, .png formats) that can be overlaid with graphical elements
- Explore mathematical expressions in symbolic form, see patterns and understand the math behind the formulas
- Visualize of multiple representations of a single problem algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written
- Chem Box feature allows easy input chemical formulas and equations
- Manipulate linked representations of properties to instantly update the others and show meaningful connections without switching screens (e.g.. grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists)
- Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs
- Electronically upgradeable graphing handheld allows you to have the most up-to-date functionality
- USB Cable included
- TI-ComputerLink Software allow information to be transferred to and from a computer
Data Collection Support
- Compatible with TI-Nspire™ Lab Cradle, Vernier EasyLink® USB Sensor and Vernier EasyTemp® temperature sensor systems to allow collection and analysis of real-world data
TI-Nspire™ CX Accessories
Extend the power of your graphing calculator and create a customizable approach to learning with accessories for the TI-Nspire™ CX handheld.
TURN YOUR PC OR MAC® INTO AN EXCEPTIONAL LEARNING TOOL
TI-Nspire™ Software delivers enhanced graphing capabilities and other functionality that are unique to TI-Nspire math and science learning technology on desktop and laptop computers.
Student Softwareprovides students with the ability to work beyond the classroom by taking what they’ve started in class on their handhelds and finishing it elsewhere on a PC or Mac® laptop or desktop. Learn More
Teacher Softwaredelivers an intuitive interface to help educators save time preparing assignments and tests and demonstrating important concepts in class. The built-in TI-SmartView™ emulator enables teachers to project a full interactive handheld alongside a large handheld screen, making it easier to visualize multiple representations and keystrokes. Learn More
TI-Nspire™ CX Navigator™ Systems
GET STUDENTS TALKING ABOUT MATH AND SCIENCE
The TI-Nspire™ CX Navigator™ supports research
that shows that students experience a higher level
of participation and stay focused when they take part
in effective group learning.
The system wirelessly connects with students’
TI-Nspire™ CX handhelds or software*, which
enables formative assessment far beyond multiple
choice, provides instant visibility into student
understanding and presents the ability to adjust
It also simplifies classroom management and lets teachers quickly assess online lessons and tools to guide students to deeper understanding of key mathematic and scientific principles.
*Handheld calculators and software are sold separately
TI-Nspire™ Lab CradleEXPAND YOUR SCIENTIFIC RANGE
The TI-Nspire™ Lab Cradle combines with the Vernier DataQuest™ App for TI-Nspire™ and a selection of more than 50 data collection sensors to take science teaching and learning into new dimensions of student engagement and visualization of concepts.
This versatile, portable learning tool supports single- and multi-sensor data collection and analysis.
Key features of the Vernier Dataquest™ App for TI-Nspire™ include:
- Plug-and-play simplicity that turns the TI-Nspire™ CX handheld into a adaptable data collection device in the lab, classroom or field
- Real-time data collection analysis that enables student to associate an event with its representation in a graph, table or meter
- Analytic tools that equip students for precise selection and focus on collected data
- Draw Prediction feature that enables student to create hypotheses and replay collected data to compare outcome
TI-Nspire™ CX Docking StationSave time recharging, uploading and updating
TI-Nspire™ CX Docking Station holds up to 10 TI-Nspire™ class handhelds to:
- Keep the rechargeable batteries fully charged
- Upload documents, class activities and homework using TI-Nspire™ Teacher Software
- Update the operating system via TI-Nspire™ Teacher Software
- Up to six docking stations can be operated simultaneously on one computer.
The TI Rechargeable Battery USE MORE, REPLACE LESS
The TI Rechargeable battery eliminates the need to routinely replace ordinary alkaline AAA batteries. When the battery indicator on the face of the handheld indicates it’s time for a charge, simply use the TI-Power Adapter or the TI-Nspire™ CX or TI-Nspire™ Docking Station* to power up the battery. The handheld also can be powered directly from the plug-in adapter.
Under normal conditions and with proper maintenance, the rechargeable battery can be expected to last up to three years.
Get the most out of your TI-Nspire™ CX handheld
Take advantage of TI’s comprehensive suite of free activities and services for your handheld.
Accelerate the Learning Process with TI-Nspire™ Activities
Lessons covering tough-to-teach, tough-to-learn concepts can be taught "as is" or modified to meet students’ specific needs. Many lessons align with CCSS Mathematics Practices that students are expected to develop as part of their study of mathematics.
Middle Grades Mathematics ● Algebra 1 ● Geometry ● Algebra 2 ● Precalculus ● Calculus ● Statistics
Flexible lesson design supports hands-on learning and encourages students to explore inquiry-based learning of essential science topics.
Life Science ● Earth Science ● Physical Science ● Biology ● Chemistry ● Physics
Featured Activity: Electric Field Hockey
Students will use a simulation to observe and manipulate electric field, electric lines, positive and negative charges in order to get the puck into the goal.
Featured Activity: Light Me Up!
Students will explore from a macroscopic level what actually occurs on the microscopic level when electrodes and a source of DC electricity are placed in a solution.
Get up to speed quickly with online video tutorials
TI has partnered with Atomic Learning to develop informative, step-by-step on-demand videos that drill down into the functionality and capability of your handheld.
Graphs & Geometry
Lists & Spreadsheets
Great teachers make great students
Teachers Teaching with Technology™(T3), TI’s renowned professional development community, offers online and onsite training to help you maximize the impact of TI-Nspire™ Technology in your classroom.
Free live and on-demand webinars
Gain valuable insights, proven strategies and tips on using TI technology and activities from the Math Nspired and Science Nspired resource centers.
TI-Nspire™ for Dummies
This nuts-and-bolts guide to working with the TI-Nspire™ handhelds provides everything you need to get up and running with this high-powered math and science tool. With updated screenshots and examples, this practical, hands-on manual helps students and teachers alike make the most of their graphing technology.
The TI-Nspire for Beginners, Vol. 1 How to Dominate Math with the TI-Nspire™ Graphing Calculator
A book for beginners, this manual from Tech Powered Math introduces readers to the TI-Nspire™ calculator, graphing, geometry, lists and spreadsheets, data and statistics, notes and Vernier DataQuest™ applications.
Using CAS Features Like a Champion (TI-Nspire™ Tutorials: Getting Started With the TI-Nspire Graphing Calculator)
In this second volume of the series, careful attention is given to the CAS specific features of the TI-Nspire CAS. Basic features such as expanding, factoring, and solving simple equations are covered as well as more advanced techniques such as solving complex equations, derivatives, integrals, and differential equations.
Vernier DataQuest™ is a trademark of Vernier Software & Technology.