TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator
Familiar TI-84 Plus functionality in a sleek new design that features a crisp color screen
- 30% lighter and thinner than earlier generation TI-84 Plus models
- Vibrant backlit color screen
- TI Rechargeable Battery
- Available in a variety of fun colors
- Pre-loaded Apps and Images
- MathPrint™ functionality
Captivating Color. Optimal Display.
Visualize concepts clearly and make faster, stronger connections between equations, data, and graphs in full color.
- Enhanced screen readability with high-resolution, backlit display
- Distinguish between multiple graphs and plots with color-coded equations, plots and objects
- Make graphs easier to read by adding grid lines
Approved for Exams
The TI-84 Plus CE is approved for use on the following exams:
- PSAT*, SAT*, and ACT® college entrance exams
- AP* Exams that allow or require a graphing calculator
- Praxis™ tests that allow or require a graphing calculator
- Approved for use on the IB exam
Use More, Replace Less
The TI Rechargeable Battery conveniently recharges using a USB cable, wall charger or TI Charging Station CE.
Familiar TI-84 Plus Family Functionality
The same menu structure and navigation as the TI-84 Plus family make it easy to pick up and learn.
Connect with the real world
Images can increase understanding and improve retention of mathematical concepts. Import photos from your computer to your handheld helping create a motivating learning environment.
A Complete Learning Resource
Subject-specific lessons and tools that help students gain an understanding of math and science concepts. Find activities
written for the TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus CE.
Webinars, tutorials, workshops and courses delivered by experienced, certified T³ instructors to help you meet your classroom goals. For more than 25 years, the T³ organization has been providing professional development that combines content-rich curriculum, hands-on technology training and compelling instruction on best teaching practices.
TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator Specifications
- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (2.8" diagonal)
- Screen resolution: 140 DPI; 16-bit color
- Powered by the TI Rechargeable Battery (included)
- 3.5 MB FLASH ROM memory for data archive and storage of Apps
- 21KB of available RAM memory
- USB port for computer connectivity, unit-to-unit communication with TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, and other TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition graphing calculators
- Impact-resistant slide case
- Internal Clock with date and time display
- Available Teacher Pack (EZ Spot) that includes:
- 10 calculators
- 5 USB computer cables
- 5 unit-to-units cables
- 1 Getting Started Guide
- 1 Classroom poster
- Add images to graph background
- 15 colors for function graphing
- Change style and color of axes and grids on graphs
- Catalog Syntax Help
- Alphabetical CATALOG of all TI calculator operations in one menu
- Advanced functions accessed through pull-down display menus
- Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent
- Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions, and 3 recursively-defined sequences
- Up to 10 graphing functions defined, saved, graphed and analyzed at one time
- Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/stair-step plot and phase plots
- User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements
- 17 interactive zoom features
- Numeric evaluations given in table format for all graphing modes
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals and derivatives
- 8 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Horizontal and vertical split- screen options
- View graph and table side-by-side
- Stores up to 10 - 50x50 matrices
- Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form and elementary row operations. Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quartic polynomial regression models
- 3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots
- Advanced statistics features including 10 hypothesis testing functions, 7 confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance
- 15 probability distribution functions including Normal, Student-t, Chi-square, Binomial, and Poisson
- Business functions including Time-Value-of-Money (TVM), cash flows, and amortization. Full screen interactive editor for solving TVM problems
- Interactive equation solver editor allows solving numerically for different variables in an equation
- 11 Regression calculations
- Support TI Basic and ASM programming
- Programming capability with the number of programs limited only by available memory
- Electronically upgradeable graphing calculator allows you to have the most up-to-date functionality and software applications (Apps)
- TI Connectivity Cable included
- TI Connectivity Cable and TI Connect™ software allow information to be transferred to and from a computer and printed or stored on disk
- Cabri™ Jr
- Inequality Graphing
- Language Localizers
- Periodic Table
- Polynomial Root finder/Simultaneous Equation Solver
- Probability Simulation
- Science tools
- TI TestGuard ™
- Transformation Graphing
- Vernier EasyData®
Data Collection Support
- Compatible with Calculator-Based Ranger™ (CBR™), Vernier EasyLink® and Vernier EasyTemp® systems to allow collection and analysis of real-world data
- TI-SmartView™ Emulator Software for the TI-84 Plus family. Allow educators to project a representation of the calculator's display to the entire class. It is an ideal demonstration tool for leading classroom instruction of math and science concepts.
TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator ApplicationsCustomize your learning with TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator applications. The addition of applications extends the functionality of your calculator, allowing you to perform specific math and science functions and deepen your understanding of concepts.
Cabri™ Jr. Geometry AppNow you can add a new dimension to your students’ learning experience interactive geometry for your calculator. Create excitement in the classroom as you construct, analyze, and transform mathematical models and geometric diagrams.
Cabri™ Jr was developed for TI by CabriLog® with renowned French mathematician Jean-Marie Laborde. Just take a look at what Cabri™ Jr. geometry app can do:
- Perform analytic, transformational and Euclidean geometric functions
- Build geometric constructions interactively with points, a set of points for locus, lines, polygons, circles, and other basic geometric objects
Alter geometric objects on the fly to see patterns, make conjectures, and draw conclusions -- and, you'll get a more intuitive and highly interactive interface.
CellSheet™ AppYour calculator can become a more versatile tool to use in a variety of classes with the addition of spreadsheet capabilities!
- Allows the student to enter data and text in cells
- Create cell formulas and use built-in functions
- Import and export information from Microsoft ® Excel® using the CellSheet™ Converter software
Conic Graphing AppThis App will present equations in function, parametric, or polar form and provides a simple way to graph the four conic shapes:
- Solve for the conic's characteristic
Inequality Graphing App
Students can enter inequalities using symbols, plot inequalities including union and intersection shades, trace points of interest (intersections) between functions, store (x,y) coordinate pairs for viewing and enter Linear Programming functions
Language Localization Apps
These Apps will translate all prompts, error messages and most functions into the following languages:
French; German; Spanish; Dutch; Danish; Swedish; Portuguese
This App is not just your basic periodic table - students can also study and review trends in the periodic table easily with their TI graphing calculator.
Additional benefits include:
- 15 properties and facts about 109 known elements
- Graphs of the periodic nature of the elements
- Easy navigation between the elements
Polynomial Root Finder and Simultaneous Equation Solver AppPolynomial Root Finder capabilities include:
- Enter polynomials up to and including order (degree) 10
- Easy to use POLY MODE screen to set up all options
- Display roots as fractions or decimals for many roots
- Choose to display only Real roots for 2nd and 3rd degree polynomials
- For polynomials of degree 4 and higher, roots display in Complex format
- Store polynomials to Y= for graphing and evaluation
- Verify a root is the zero of the polynomial function by storing roots in Real format
- Enter systems of equations with up to 10 equations and 10 unknowns
- Easy to use SIMULT MODE screen to set up all options
- Displays unique solution, infinite solution, and no solution
- Store coefficient matrix, augmented matrix, and the solution
- Displays Reduced Row Echelon form
Probability Simulation AppExplore probability theory with interactive animation that simulates the rolling of dice, tossing of coins and generating random numbers on your calculator.
- Bar Graph
- Table of trials data
- Settings for specifying numbers of trials
- Ways to collect data
In addition, students can export data for further exploration.
Science Tools App
Science Tools provides the capability to perform unit conversions on your calculator. Get more use from your calculator in the science classroom with this App.
App elements include:
- Constants and conversions
- Significant figures calculator
- Graphing Tool
- Vector tool
Within seconds, educators can gain control over testing environments using TI TestGuard™ to:
- Remove or disable* programs and applications on student calculators before tests
- Delete other data stored on student calculators before tests
- Restore programs and applications on student calculators after tests
- Runs only on educators' TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator
- Clears or disables* data from TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator
Transformation Graphing AppStudents can visually draw conclusions about functions and improve graphing comprehension with this App. To take advantage of this App's capabilities, simply input functions, and view changes in the function as the parameters are changed.
- Instantly see how changing the value of a coefficient transforms a graph
- Visually fit equations to data plots by manipulating coefficients
Vernier EasyData™ App
The EasyData™ App from Vernier Software & Technology is simple data collection software for the TI-84
Plus CE. Explore the world around you using this App. The EasyData
® App auto-launches data collection when used with Vernier EasyTemp
® sensor, and loads built-in experiments for every supported Vernier sensor. EasyData™ supports
data collection with Vernier USB sensors (TI-84 Plus family only), CBR™, CBR™ 2, using the TI-84
TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator Accessories
Extend the power of your graphing calculator and create a customizable approach to learning with accessories for the TI-84 Plus C graphing calculator.
TI Charging Station CE
The TI Charging Station CE, designed for the TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator, keeps calculators organized.
- Recharges up to 10 calculators at a time
- Stores calculators as they recharge
- Compatible with TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculators
Included with Teacher Pack purchases and also available separately as a standalone purchase.
TI-SmartView™ CE Emulator Software for the TI-84 Plus family
This simple software complements the TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators, letting the educator project a representation of the calculator’s display to the entire class. It is an ideal demonstration tool for leading classroom instruction of math and science concepts.
TI Connect™ CE Software
TI Connect™ CE computer software allows for connectivity between your computer and graphing calculator. Transfer data, update your Operating System (OS), download Calculator Software Applications (Apps), edit and load programs to your graphing calculator.
CBR 2™ Motion Sensor
The CBR 2™ motion sensor, which connects directly to your graphing calculator, is designed for
teachers who want their students to collect and analyze real-world motion data, such as distance,
velocity and acceleration. Great for algebra through calculus and statistics, physical science
TI Rechargeable Battery
The TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator comes with a TI Rechargeable Battery.
For students, the TI Rechargeable Battery is expected to last up to two weeks of normal use on a single charge. For classroom use, the TI Rechargeable Battery is expected to last up to five days of normal use on a single charge. Use the USB cable or the TI-Power Adapter (included) to power up the handheld.
ResourcesSubject-specific lessons and tools help students gain an understanding of math and science concepts. Take advantage of TI's comprehensive suite of free activities and services for the TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator.
Free, downloadable classroom activities create a visual approach to learning and help students gain an understanding of math and science concepts. Activities written for the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus can be used with TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition graphing calculator.